DAY 1 (9 am - 5 pm)
L1: Why Shopper Marketing?
Understand the societal and technological changes that have precipitated the need for a shopper-centric focus in consumer product marketing.
- Critical marketplace shifts
- The Need for "Whole Person" thinking
- Shopper Marketing's role
Application Exercise and knowledge check point.
L2: Fundamentals of Shopper Marketing
Understand the origin, evolution and business focus of shopper marketing and the basic demands of the discipline.
- Evolution of shopper marketing and strategic role
- Scope of activities
L3: Understanding Shopper Behavior & Engagement
Understand today's technology-enabled shopper and the evolving path to purchase; learn the need to establish a path to purchase framework to drive effective engagement.
- Basic elements of shopper behavior
- The Path to Purcahse Framework
- Principles of Effective Shopper Engagement
Application exercise: Discuss ways to address business challenges within context of the shopper marketing plan.
L4: Dynamics of Organizational Success
Learn best practices for the development of a shopper-centric organization; learn a framework for developing effective shopper marketing platforms and programs.
- Organizatoinal fit
- Necessary skills
- Platform & program development
Application exercise: Map out tactical playbook.
L5: Introduction to Shopper Insights
Learn perspectives on the development and implementation of true shopper-centric insights.
- Consumer vs. shopper insights
- Key insights focus areas
- Introduction to insights activation
Application exercise: evalutaion of program objectives and tactical plan.
L6: Overview of Effective Performance Measurement
Understand common metrics and methodologies for measuring shopper marketing success within the organization and with retail partners.
- Defining success
- Common measurement practices
- Aligning internally
- Aligning with retail partners
L7: Basics of Brand/Retailer Collaboration
Gain an understanding of the retailer perspective on shopper marketing; understand the importance of strategic collaboration for unlocking shopper marketing's full potential.
- Requirements for collaboration
- Best-in-class practices for effective organizations
- Collaboration framework
- Introduction to joint business planning
L8: Emerging Trends in Shopper Marketing
Learn what is coming next for U.S. retail and the shopper marketing discipline.
- Shifting shopper demographics
- E-commerce and 'anytime/anywhere' shoppers
- The evolving discipline
Day 2 (9am- 3:30pm)
L1: Shopper vs. Consumer Behavior
Understand how the increasingly empowered shopper must be considered, understood and engaged strategically throughout the path to purchase.
- Understanding consumer vs. shopper behavior
- Defining shopper behavior
- Why understanding shopper behavior is critical.
L2: 'Shopping' Overview: Who, Why & How
Understand universal shopper motivations and behaviors; the need to identify behavioral variations accross channels, product categories and retailers; key trends driving changes in behavior.
- People & trips
- Why they shop
- Key path to purchase behavior and tools
L3: Behavior & Tools: What Shoppers Use
Learn about popular shopping activities, content destinations and functional tools shoppers are using to enhance their knowledge and experience.
- Common destinations
- Common tools
- Retailer-specific considerations
L4: Influencing Shopper Behavior: Strategic Concepts
Learn how the marketing "Moments of Truth" can be used as a framework for planning shopper engagement; Learn the basics for creating an effective engagement strategy.
- The Moments of Truth
- P2P to shopper engagement roadmap
- Tools Matrix
- Retailer-specific considerations
L5: Strategies & Principles for Shopper Engagement
Understand six principles of effective engegement that can drive true behavioral change; learn methods for aligning the principles with business objectives.
- Core principles of shopper engagement
- Aligning engagement principles with business objectives.
L6: Case Studies & Best Practices
Strengthen course learning through a deep dive into best-in-class examples of successful shopper marketing programs.
- Case Study 1
- Case Study 2
- Case Study 3
- Common elements of effective programs
L7: Key Trends Overview
Discuss the major changes in shopper demographic, behavior and expectations that will impact future marketing strategy.